MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE SESSION OF THE SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
OF THE ZION-BENTON PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
May 27, 2014
The purpose of the Executive Session was to:
- Discuss the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees.
President Andersson called the meeting to order at 7:31 p.m.
ROLL CALL: Present: Wendy Driver, Yadira Guzman, Mary Martin, Stephanie Smith, Matthew St. Cyr and George Andersson. Absent: Beverly Mull. Staff present: Tara Caldara. Visitor present: Tom Rich.
Ms. Caldara presented the following items:
- Salary comparison for library directors based on the 2013 LACONI Salary Survey
- Director Benefit Package explaining standard benefits, costs and negotiable benefits
- Samples of ads for Library Directors
- List of recruitment sites with recommended sites
- Staff input
- Director’s Position Description
- An article from the Kane County Chronicle titled, “Geneva Library Board selects new library director”
Trustees reviewed the items and determined that a starting salary of $80,000 based on qualifications is appropriate. They reviewed and updated the Director’s Position Description.
Mr. Rich presented a revised ad. Mrs. Driver asked about the timeframe. Ms. Caldara said she could get the web page up with the revised job description and send the ad out early next week. Mr. Rich set a closing date of June 21, which will give applicants over three weeks to apply.
The board reconvened in open session at 8:32 p.m.
Approved: June 24, 2014
Signed: /s/ George Andersson, President
Attest: /s/ Mary E. Martin, Secretary
Recording Secretary: Tara Caldara
Reviewed 8/26/14 and retained. TC
Reviewed 2/24/15 and released. TC