FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
Any person requesting records may do so in writing to the FOIA Officer, Nann Blaine Hilyard, Director. The request should specify the documents wanted. Records to be certified must be specifically indicated in the request. Fees are to be paid at the time of the request.
The Zion-Benton Public Library District is a unit of Local Government, incorporated and organized under the laws of the State of Illinois for the purpose of providing its residents with the following services:
- Providing for effective and cost-efficient day-to-day operation of the library; planning for future library operations, programs and services and district growth.
- Providing adequate and attractive physical facilities, which are adaptable to changing technological and community needs and which facilitate the provision of quality library service.
- Adequately staffing all library facilities with competent, well-training personnel; providing efficient, high quality service to the community; providing and organizing library materials (both print and non-print) which enhance the library’s collection and meet community needs and interests.
- Encouraging use of the library by establishing and promoting programs and services which meet the informational needs of the district’s various communities of interest.
The Zion-Benton Public Library has certain functional subdivisions which are shown on the functional diagram.
The approximate amount of the FY 13/14 operating budget is $2,361,121. The District currently employs approximately 45 full and part time employees.
The District’s office is located at 2400 Gabriel Ave., Zion, IL 60099.
The members of the Board of Trustees are George Andersson, Yadira Guzman, Mary Martin, Beverly Mull, Thomas Rich, Stephanie Smith and Matthew St. Cyr.
Members of the standing committees are:
- Executive Committee: George Andersson, Yadira Guzman, Mary Martin and Thomas Rich (chair)
- Finance Committee: Yadira Guzman (chair), Mary Martin, Beverly Mull and Matthew St. Cyr.
- Strategic Planning Committee: George Andersson, Beverly Mull, Thomas Rich (chair), Stephanie Smith and Matthew St. Cyr.